The Armstrong-Dana House
2805 Carondelet St, New Orleans
An example of the Italianate style of architecture. Also known as John Armstrong House, was built in New Orleans in 1868 at 2805 Carondelet Avenue, the corner of Washington Avenue. The architect and builder was Frederick Wing. Originally a private family residence; from late 19th to mid 20th century, it was a residence for Episcopal Bishops of Louisiana (an episcopalian church built the same year is two blocks away). The current owner’s grandfather bought the house after World War 2, and divided the house, as well as the carriage house in the back, into an apartments.